Vegas Uncork’d – Amazing Four-Day Culinary Festival in Las Vegas
Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appetit will be back in Las Vegas for its sixth year, featuring a star studded line up of celebrity chefs and cooking events.
This year’s Vegas Uncork’d event will be held May 10-13. This incredible four-day festival gathers culinary icons along with dozens of events from cocktail competitions that overlook the remarkable Bellagio fountains. Also enjoy a celebrity chef poker tournament at the new and stylish Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Las Vegas is known for its fine dining and home to world-famous chefs like Wolfgang Puck, Bobby Flay, Michael Mina, Todd English, Jose Andres, Rick Moonen, and many more.
Below is a list of some of the amazing events scheduled at this year’s Vegas Uncork’d –
Wine & Cocktails
· Mix-Off, Friday, May 11: Overlooking The Fountains of Bellagio, guests enjoy a dynamic cocktail competition featuring Bellagio Master Mixologist Matt Myers, Hyde Bellagio Mixologist Jose Zepeda, Akira Back and other cocktail talent from across the country. Sample each cocktail and vote for your favorite during a tasting hosted by Restaurant & Drinks Editor Andrew Knowlton. Small bites from Executive Chef Roy Ellamar of Sensi accompany the cocktail extravaganza.
· Sip, Swirl & Select Like a Sommelier, Friday, May 11: During this blind tasting led by Jason Smith, David Lynch, and Raj Parr, attendees learn to taste like a sommelier when they test their taste buds with a high-quality, moderately priced wine vs. a “break-the-bank” bottle. Tuscany Kitchen hosts this grape-laden duel. May the best palate win!
· Unusual Pairings, Friday, May 11: Guests will learn how to find accessibly priced wine to pair with elevated menus with the best 20 bottles under $20. Learn about best bargain buys under $20 with Dave Lynch and Mina Group Wine Director Raj Parr at STRIPSTEAK with a special menu of bites paired by chef Michael Mina.
· My Favorite Things, Friday, May 11: At Bellagio, Chef Michael Mina and Sommeliers Raj Parr and Jason Smith, MS, discuss their “favorites” and host a sampling of unique wines, extravagant cocktails and the most memorable fare ever tasted (and created).
· Kings of Cabernet, Saturday, May 12: Bellagio Wine Director and Master Sommelier Jason Smith and Bon Appétit Contributing Wine Editor Dave Lynch are joined by three of the world’s best winemakers, including Andy Erickson, for a round-table discussion and tasting of their top Cabernet Sauvignons. Get the scoop on all that goes into making world-class wine, from the soil to the very first sip. In a setting overlooking The Fountains of Bellagio, wine connoisseurs and novices alike will be able to appreciate this experience.
· Uptown Downtown, Saturday, May 12: From Chandelier Bar, Vesper Bar, and other hot spots at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas play host to Bon Appétit Editor in Chief Adam Rapoport, nationally renowned restaurateur Scott Conant, Cosmopolitan mixologist Mariena Mercer, and you for an afternoon of cocktails and cuisine.
Nightlife & Special Events
· VIP Saber-Off, Thursday, May 10: Caesars Palace hosts all chefs at this year’s VIP Champagne Saber-Off.
· Follow That Food Truck, Thursday, May 10: Mingle with renowned chefs such as Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Todd English, Michal Mina and Julian Serrano and enjoy live music from restaurateur Joe Bastianich at this exciting Bellagio event. Confirmed Food Trucks include fukuburger, Red Neck Kitchen and Rusty Pickle.
· Celebrity Chef Poker Tournament, Friday, May 11: The pool at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas will be the hub for a world-class celebrity chef poker tournament with live performances, flavorful dishes and delightful drinks. A specialty menu of handrolls and more from Blue Ribbon Sushi and specialty cocktails from David Myers’ 18A cocktail program will be featured.
· Grand Tasting, Friday, May 11: Sixty restaurants participate in this ultimate outdoor culinary experience at Caesars Palace’s Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis.
· After-Hours, the Remix, Saturday, May 12: Chef Alain Ducasse is joined by chef Hubert Keller and Mandalay Bay executive pastry chef and master chocolatier Vincent Pilon for a late-night party at Mix, the rooftop lounge at Mandalay Bay.
· Surfside Beach Clambake, Saturday, May 12: Along the waves of the Mandalay Bay Beach, guests will enjoy live music, cocktails, and fresh seafood. Chefs Charlie Palmer, Rick Moonen Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger will dish out their unique twist on this family-style American Classic as attendees pull up a seat at the long communal tables located under the stars.
· Too-Hot Tamales Live Demonstration, Friday, May 11: Hosted by Bon Appétit editor in chief Adam Rapoport, chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger prepare a four-course menu with tequila pairings at Mandalay Bay’s Border Grill.
· Paella Lunch with José Andrés, Friday, May 11: One of the restaurant industry’s most captivating personalities, José Andrés lets loose with a live demo on how to make one of Spain’s signature dishes. He’ll prepare it on a wood-fired paella grill—the only one of its kind in the U.S.—at Jaleo in the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
· Master Pastry with Francois Payard, Saturday, May 12: Chef François Payard welcomes you into Payard Patisserie & Bistro for an insider demonstration. Guests will be privy to techniques and skills as shared by one of the world’s most renowned pastry makers.
· Chronicles of a Couple That Cooks Together, Saturday, May 12: Q&A lunch with renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten and his wife, Marja, host of Kimchi Chronicles on PBS. Before delving into your meal, Jean-Georges and Marja will elaborate on each course as Bon Appétit Editor in Chief Adam Rapoport chats with the famous culinary couple now cooking together.
· At the Fish Market with Costas Spiliadis, Saturday, May 12: Join chef Spiliadis at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas as he shares his secrets to selecting the highest-quality fish at the market, secrets on making fish at home, and healthful eating through the Mediterranean diet.
· Master Series Dinner with the Pellegrino Family: Rao’s Italian Feast, Thursday May 10: Tables will be turned as the Pellegrino family invites you to join them at their famed restaurant. Be treated to a multi-course extravaganza featuring Rao’s southern Neapolitan dishes served family-style.
· Master Series Dinner: Dinnertime Decadence with Guy Savoy, Thursday May 10: Secure your place at this exclusive multi-course dinner with internationally renowned chef and restaurateur Guy Savoy. Indulge in what promises to be the ultimate experience in refined dining, complete with wine pairings.
· Master Series Dinner: French Elegance with Francois Payard, Thursday May 10: Be transported to an authentic dining experience reminiscent of a charming Paris café at award-winning chef Francois Payard’s charming bistro. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere with first-class service and traditional savory and sweet French fare.
· Master Series Dinner: Spices of Life with Bobby Flay, Thursday, May 10: Awaken your taste buds as things heat up with an evening of bold flavors and signature Southwestern cooking from chef Bobby Flay at Mesa Grill.
· Master Series Dinner with Michel Richard, Thursday, May 10: Caesars Palace adds a new restaurant to its Master Series dinners—Central, helmed by renowned chef Michel Richard and his James Beard Award–winning staff.
· The Nature of A Good Party with Alain Ducasse, Saturday, May 12: Chef Alain Ducasse hosts a new eXperience at miX at Mandalay Bay that includes champagne with the Chef, a five-course special menu with wine pairing and a signed copy of the Chef’s latest cookbook “Nature: Simple, Healthy, and Good” © Rizzoli.
· Rao’s Family Affair: Italian Brunch with the Pellegrinos, Sunday, May 13: The Pellegrinos host a backyard BBQ on the patio of Rao’s Las Vegas as only they can. Enjoy refreshing Italian cocktails and savory dishes offered as an exclusive preview to their soon-to-be released cookbook, Rao’s on the Grill.
· Sparkling Brunch with Guy Savoy, Sunday, May 13: Don’t just treat your mother; spoil her with an unforgettable experience at the elegant Restaurant Guy Savoy. World-renowned French chef Guy Savoy will create a special menu in honor of Mother’s Day.
· Steak & Eggs with Charlie Palmer, Sunday May 13: Recover from a fun-filled weekend and enjoy Mother’s Day with a hardy Steak & Eggs Brunch at Aureole. Chef Charlie Palmer, Aureole Executive Chef, Vincent Pouessel and Mandalay Bay Executive Pastry Chef and Master Chocolatier, Vincent Pilon will put on an extravagant brunch paired with sparkling wine options provided by Christophe Tassan MOF Sommelier and Mandalay Bay Wine Director.