Uncork’d! Bon Appétit Showcases Finest Culinary and Wine Talent of U.S.
From Cirque du Soleil to David Copperfield and club TAO to Studio 54, extravagance is the essence of Las Vegas. This May, there is one more event that defines the luxury of Las Vegas. 60 restaurants, 50 chefs, 30 sommeliers, 30 events, and four extraordinary resorts collaborate for one incredible weekend: the sixth annual Vegas Uncork’d! by Bon Appétit magazine. The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Bellagio, Caesars Palace, and Mandalay Bay are putting on an event
worthy of their luxurious brand.
Bon Appétit has remained one of food lovers’ most trusted guides. As the country’s largest epicurean magazine with the most affluent readership, Bon Appétit produces recipes, tips, techniques, world of lush travel, and up-to-the-minute restaurant coverage. Each of their issues is known for featuring up-and-coming as well as renowned tastemakers, chefs, restauranteurs, fashion designers, and celebrities.
Lasting from Thursday, May 10 to Sunday, May 13, Vegas Uncork’d! in Las Vegas is any food lover’s dream. In addition to fan favorites such as Grand Tasting (Sixty restaurants participate in this ultimate outdoor culinary experience at Caesars Palace’s Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis); After-Hours the Remix (Chef Alain Ducasse is joined by chef Hubert Keller and Mandalay Bay executive pastry chef and master chocolatier Vincent Pilon for a late-night party at Mix, the rooftop lounge at Mandalay Bay; and VIP Saber-Off at Caesars Palace, this year, Bon Appétit is boasting a brand new, extended program:
• Master Series Dinner with Michel Richard, Thursday, May 10: Caesars Palace adds a new restaurant to its Master Series dinners—Central, helmed by renowned chef Michel Richard and his James Beard Award–winning staff.
• Follow That Food Truck, Thursday, May 10: The most sought-after food trucks from Las Vegas and surrounding areas join forces for one incredible festival. Join chefs Julian Serrano, Todd English, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, and Michael Mina for live music and ice-cold beers on Bellagio’s rooftop.
• Too-Hot Tamales Live Demonstration, Friday, May 11: Hosted by Bon Appétit editor in chief Adam Rapoport, chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger prepare a fourcourse menu with tequila pairings at Mandalay Bay’s Border Grill.
• Paella Lunch with José Andrés, Friday, May 11: One of the restaurant industry’s most captivating personalities, José Andrés lets loose with a live demo on how to make one of Spain’s signature dishes. He’ll prepare it on a wood-fired paella grill—the only one of its kind in the U.S.—at Jaleo in the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
• Gone Fishing with Costas Spiliadis, Saturday, May 12: Join chef Spiliadis at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas as he shares his secrets to selecting the highest-quality fish at the market, secrets on making fish at home, and healthful eating through the Mediterranean diet.