The today has finally arrived. Halloween is here. Before you know it, kids of all ages will be knocking on your door asking “Trick or Treat”? If you are hosting a Halloween party, be sure to offer your guests delicious tasting Halloween Cocktails.
Halloween is such a fun holiday. For many it’s the best one of the entire year. Great tasting Halloween cocktails are a sure way to have a successful party or social gathering.
It’s a night of ghosts, goblins and scary things that go bump in the dark. Gather round a carved pumpkin and big bowl of candy. Toast this awesome and creative Halloween holiday with delicious Halloween cocktails. Boo!
We are happy to share several cocktail recipes to try out tonight or anytime. These are available from Basil Hayden’s Bourbon, Cruzan Rum, Knob Creek Bourbon and Baker’s Bourbon.
The Basil Hayden’s Spellbound Smash
A unique twist on the classic Whiskey Smash cocktail. With the addition of fresh blackberries and orange bitters, the dark red color of this cocktail makes it a perfect spooky sipper for the occasion.
Basil Hayden’s® Spellbound Smash (photo above)
Recipe by Stephen Cole (Chicago, IL)
2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
¾ part Demerara Syrup*
2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
2 dashes Orange Bitters
Half of a Lemon
5 Fresh Blackberries
3 Sage Leaves (2 for garnish)
1 sprig of Thyme (for garnish)
1. Place half of a lemon and the blackberries into a cocktail shaker and lightly press with the back of a bar spoon.
2. Add remaining ingredients, including one sage leaf, to cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
3. Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
4. Garnish with remaining two sage leaves and a sprig of thyme.
*Demerara Syrup can be purchased, or homemade by combining a 1:1 ratio of Demerara sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
Cruzan Dark as Night
If you’re more of a rum fan, the Cruzan Dark as Night is a sweet treat that combines the sweet, smooth flavor of Cruzan Black Strap Rum with the refreshingly crisp taste of cider.
Cruzan® Dark as Night
1 part Cruzan® Black Strap Rum
1/4 part Falernum Syrup
1/2 part Fresh Lime Juice
6 parts Cider
1. Combine Black Strap, falernum syrup and fresh lime juice in a mixing glass.
2. Pour cider into a rocks glass and slowly float mixture over top of the cider.
3. Finish with fresh grated nutmeg and a lime or orange peel.
Knob Creek Rye & Orange Tumbler
Indulge in the big, full flavor of Knob Creek with the Knob Creek Rye & Orange Tumbler. Featuring ingredients that are already in your pantry, this cocktail is easy to make and brings the deliciously rich and savory notes of rye to life with a cocktail that offers smooth spice in every sip.
Knob Creek® Rye & Orange Tumbler
Recipe by Chef Michael Symon
1½ parts Knob Creek® Rye
1 part Club Soda
½ part Sugar
½ Rosemary Sprig
1. Muddle the orange, rosemary and sugar thoroughly in the bottom of a shaker.
2. Combine with Knob Creek® Rye, add ice and shake vigorously.
3. Strain over ice and float with club soda.
The Baker’s Autumn Seelbach
Prefer a higher proof cocktail? The Baker’s Autumn Seelbach cocktail mixes fresh pressed apple cider, baked apple bitters and cinnamon, adding a sweet seasonal touch to the robust, 107-proof bourbon.
Baker’s® Autumn Seelbach
Recipe by Dominic Venegas (NYC)
1 part Baker’s® Bourbon
1/2 part JDK & Sons™ O3
1/2 part Fresh Pressed Apple Cider
5 dashes Baked Apple Bitters
5 dashes Tiki Bitters
1. Combine Baker’s® Bourbon, JDK & Sons™ O3, fresh pressed apple cider, and bitters in a mixing glass over ice and stir.
2. Strain into a coupe glass and top with hard cider.
3. Garnish with a long apple twist.
Make Halloween a fun night. It doesn’t matter is you are staying at home or out with friends. Be sure to try one of the above Halloween cocktails.