The Lodge at Pico Bonito – Honduran Rainforest Ecolodge
The Lodge at Pico Bonito
The Lodge at Pico Bonito is nestled on 400 pristine acres of Honduran rainforest. The Lodge at Pico Bonito is the perfect destination for couples seeking a magically, romantic jungle escape.
The Lodge at Pico Bonito is a unique ecolodge as finding a property of this magnitude is virtually unparalleled in Central America, offering lovebirds a remote setting that manages to highlight the beauty of the expansive rainforest while still affording the very best of luxury amenities for which Small Luxury Hotels of the World is known.
An easy trip to Pico Bonito’s observation tower allows guests to experience the depths of the rainforest with exquisite views of the valley below and mountains beyond.
Whether a pair of thrill-seekers, bird watchers or nature enthusiasts, couples of all ages and experience levels can enjoy an array of hiking trails, whitewater rafting trips, bird watching tours and other excursions amongst the wonders of the region’s eight thriving ecosystems.
The Lodge at Pico Bonito has just announced a special on its “Lovebirds in the Rainforest” package to those couples who book their escape before May 1, 2012. The four-day, three-night package includes:
· Romantic Candlelit Dinner — Couples will enjoy the restaurant’s gourmet cuisine during a secluded meal overlooking the dazzling Rio Carinto.
· Guided-Trek to the Unbelievable Fall — A journey through the unexplored cloud forest, culminating at a breathtaking double drop waterfall, which descends almost 100 feet into a dazzling swimming hole.
· Choice of Adventure Excursion – Couples can choose either thrilling whitewater rafting down the Rio Cangrejal or boating through the lagoons of the nearby manatee refuge.
· Luxurious Cabin—Set off one of the property’s winding paths, the cabins are built of stone and native pine, appointed with soft, indigenous furnishings, and feature private verandas with hammocks.
For those guests that book a reservation at The Lodge at Pico Bonito prior to May 1, 2012, couples can enjoy complimentary extras, including:
· Relaxing Couples Massage — A sensory experience set to the sweet melodies of the jungle’s chirping birds.
· Couples How-To Cooking Class — A lesson in preparing Meso-American cuisine.
Package rates at The Lodge at Pico Bonito are based on double occupancy and start from $1,095. This rate includes all meals, a private tour of the butterfly farm and serpentarium, access to the loop trail and transfer to and from La Ceiba Airport.
For further info, please visit www.picobonito.com or call 888-428-0221.