Cruise Alaska in Luxury on the Silver Shadow
Looking for the ultimate luxury cruise to Alaska? Well this summer, Silversea’s all-suite, 382-guest Silver Shadow will be the only ultra-luxury cruise ship exploring scenic Alaska. Boasting a crew-to-guest ratio of only 1 to 1.29, and a space ratio of 74.0 (or 7,400 cubic feet of space per guest), the Silver Shadow will offer a high level of personalized service and spaciousness that is unsurpassed. And at just 28,258 gross tons, this hallmark of luxury will be served up in a most intimate, club-like environment not available on other, larger ships.
From the majesty of snow-capped glaciers and misty fjords to the awesome beauty of a rain forest, Silversea reveals the natural wonders of Alaska and the Pacific Coast on ten distinctive itineraries of nine to 12 days. Several sailings will feature convenient round-trip departures from Vancouver, with open-jaw voyages also available from Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seward.
“Designed to provide a truly exceptional travel experience, our Silver Shadow is the perfect option for the discerning world traveler who wants to be pampered in luxury and comfort while exploring Alaska’s spectacular scenery,” said David Morris, Silversea’s executive vice president of worldwide sales and marketing. “There are a number of mainstream mega-ships calling in Alaska this summer, but only Silversea offers an exclusive alternative for the sophisticated traveler seeking an award-winning, all-inclusive and intimate shipboard experience.”
Added Morris, “With one voyage already sold out, and others about to, space is filling up quickly — so now’s the time to book.”
In addition to savings of up to 40%, Silver Shadow guests will enjoy spacious, ocean-view accommodations (most with private veranda), sumptuous gourmet cuisine, personalized service, warm Italian hospitality, and Silversea’s generous selection of all-inclusive shipboard amenities, including complimentary beverages, wines and spirits served throughout the ship, 24-hour room service, stocked in-suite beverage cabinet and all gratuities. Plus, complimentary Butler Service is provided in the Grand, Royal, Rossellini and Owner’s Suites.
The Alaska voyages will showcase a diverse enrichment program of noted scholars, writers, and other experts selected from a variety of fields to share their passion, knowledge and insider views for the entertainment and edification of Silversea’s guests. A small sampling includes:
– For the nature lover, marine biologist John Palmisano (Ph.D.) will host the May 31 Los Angeles-to-Vancouver “Inside Passage” voyage, offering insights on the oceans and diversity of marine life. Silver Sailing fares for this 12-day voyage (3812) start at $5,596 per person (30% savings).
– For the gourmet, on June 21, Silver Shadow’s Vancouver-to-San Francisco cruise welcomes Relais & Châteaux chef Anne Desjardins from the award-winning restaurant and inn L’Eau à la Bouche (Ste-Adèle, Québec) and wine expert John Shafer of Shafer Vineyards and Winery (Napa Valley, California). Early Booking Incentive fares for this 10-day voyage (3814) start at $5,690 per person (15% savings).
– For the nature lover, Sabin Robbins, published author, former zoo society director and writer-editor at the National Geographic Society, will host Silver Shadow’s September 5 “Inside Passage” cruise from Vancouver to Los Angeles. Robbins’ field research includes East Africa, Galapagos Islands, Amazon River and the whale nurseries of the Pacific. Silver Sailing fares for this 12-day voyage (3822) start at $4,797 per person (40% savings).
IN-DEPTH EXPLORATIONS ASHORE
Silversea guests can extend their Alaska voyage with optional pre- and post-cruise land programs featuring deluxe accommodations, all transportation, transfers, guided sightseeing and some meals. Prices start from $1,395 per guest.
– From Vancouver, “The Majestic Canadian Rockies” four- or five-night program explores the breathtaking peaks and valleys of the Canadian Rockies from the comfort of your railcar. Enjoy two nights in Banff and visit the “Jewel of the Canadian Rockies” — Lake Louise, set in a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Join the Rocky Mountaineer for a two-day journey by rail through the snow-capped Canadian Rockies, past the Continental Divide, the Spiral Tunnels and Kicking Horse Canyon to Kamloops for an overnight stay. Continue your rail adventure past the Cascades, lush Fraser River Valley and Hell’s Gate, then on to Vancouver and the Pacific Ocean.
– From Seward, the three-night “Denali– Nature at Her Grandest” program features a journey to Denali by luxury rail, crossing the magnificent vista of Hurricane Gulch. Denali National Park, one of the world’s greatest wildlife sanctuaries, offers the chance to spot grizzly bears, caribou, moose and wolves. The park rests under the shadow of spectacular Mount McKinley, North America’s highest mountain.
– Also from Seward, the six-night “Land of the Midnight Sun” offers the ultimate Alaskan experience, combining the grandeur of Denali National Park with a journey of over 300 miles above the Arctic Circle to Barrow, the largest Inuit settlement in Alaska. Here in the land of the midnight sun, stand on the northernmost tip of the continent, encounter the unique traditional lifestyle of native Alaskans and explore the white wilderness of the tundra. The program includes a scenic riverboat adventure from Fairbanks.
Silversea Cruises is recognized as an innovator in the luxury segment, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard four intimate vessels, Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, and Silver Whisper, all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. More more info, click here