August is National Rum Month – Celebrate with Cruzan Rum
August is National Rum Month. How will you be celebrating this year? Maybe you’re hosting a big party. It’s possible you will go out with friends to a local nightclub. Either way, be sure to include Cruzan Rum in your spirit drink list.
To help you celebrate National Rum Month, we want to share some delicious rum cocktail recipes. In preparation for the occasion, Cruzan has been working with top mixologists across the country to develop new cocktails. The partnership has incorporated some of our most popular flavors including Coconut, Vanilla and the newest Cruzan addition – Tropical Fruit.
Cruzan Crush (serves 4-6 people)
Recipe By Teddy Collins, Miami – Florida (photo above)
4 parts Cruzan® Vanilla Rum
4 parts Cruzan® Aged Dark Rum
6 parts Pineapple Juice
3 parts Lemon Juice
3 parts Apricot Simple Syrup*
Fresh Mint and Thyme
– Combine lemon juice, apricot simple syrup and pineapple juice into a cocktail bucket or punch bowl.
– Lightly smack 10 mint leaves and drop into the bucket along with 2 stems of thyme and muddle softly.
– Add rums, crushed ice and stir. Garnish with fresh mint, thyme and 4-6 straws. Enjoy!
* Apricot Simple Syrup Instructions:
– Over medium heat, combine equal parts sugar and apricot juice. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Set aside and cool.
Cruzan LocoCoco (Serves 4-6 people)
Recipe By Tiffanie Barriere, Atlanta – Georgia
8 parts Cruzan® Tropical Fruit Rum
8 parts Coconut Water
2 parts Pineapple Juice
– Combine all ingredients in a cocktail bucket or punch bowl and stir for 30 seconds with a swizzle stick.
– Fill bucket with fresh ice, stir once more and garnish with fresh pineapple, four straws, and enjoy!
Celebrate National Rum Month in VIP style. Party with friends and family. We love to share great tasting cocktails with our loyal readers. Be sure to try Cruzan Rum. Follow our luxury blog for the latest luxury news.
Photo: Cruzan Rum