Rocky Mountain Holiday in Colorado
Rocky Mountains – Colorado
Colorado is truly a winter wonderland and has numerous holiday events scheduled, from an enchanting journey on the Polar Express to holiday-themed helicopter tours.
With the holiday spirit everywhere, there is much to enjoy all across Colorado. Here is a list of some of Colorado’s most festive holiday offerings. Enjoy!
– Ride the Polar Express in Durango: The award-winning Christmas book comes to life on this magical journey on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Every passenger will enjoy the Polar Express story on their way to the North Pole, hot chocolate and a treat served by a personal chef, along with Christmas carols on the return to Durango. The Polar Express runs from November 19-December 28. www.durangotrain.com
– Blossoms of Light at Denver Botanic Gardens: Embrace the holiday season at Blossoms of Light with more than one million colorful lights draped in elegant designs highlighting the Botanic Gardens’ winter beauty. December 3, 2010 through January 2, 2011. www.botanicgardens.org
– 50th Annual Christmas Market in Georgetown: Experience the holiday season in the historic mountain town of Georgetown with roasted chestnuts, holiday shopping, horse-drawn wagon rides and wonderful sights and smells. On December 4, 5, 11 and 12 visitors can enjoy appearances by St. Nicholas in his traditional dress, the daily procession of the Santa Lucia and carolers in Victorian costume. www.historicgeorgetown.org
– Holiday Tree Clinic in Roxborough State Park: Learn whether your Christmas tree is a Conifer, Douglas Fir or a Spruce by joining naturalist Vickey Trammell for this workshop and enjoy the winter experience in Roxborough State Park on December 4. www.parks.state.co.us
– Singing and Santa in Fort Collins: Visit Santa’s workshop and have story time with Santa then meet the Choice City Singers as they lead the public through the charming downtown Fort Collins area with timeless Christmas carols during Carolfest on December 3. www.downtownfortcollins.com
– Christmas by Helicopter in Colorado Springs: Listen to Christmas music and view thousands of holiday lights from the sky via helicopter. Fly over the best holiday sights in the area including downtown Colorado Springs, the Broadmoor Resort, Seven Falls, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and wonderful residential displays. Runs from December 1-31. www.coloradovertical.com
– Yule Night in Ouray: Enjoy a day of holiday festivities with a free family matinee at the Main Street Theater, a Yule Night Parade on Main Street with a special visit from Santa, a bonfire, caroling, and a live nativity scene and a Wine and Chocolate Festival on December 11. www.ouraycolorado.com
– Wassail Days in Frisco: Stroll among holiday decorations and boutique shops offering unique Colorado gifts while sipping a steaming cup of warm Wassail (Ol’ English apple cider) on Frisco’s charming Main Street. As you walk around town you will hear the sounds of carolers singing and holiday cheer. Runs December 4-12. www.townoffrisco.com
– “Come Catch the Glow” in Estes Park: “Catch the Glow” in Estes Park on November 26 and enjoy the lighted parade. Gather along Elkhorn Avenue to watch the elaborately-decorated floats pass by as a moving extension of the town’s holiday decor, including streetlights dressed with multi-colored lights, 190 live trees throughout town that sparkle with tiny white lights and seven larger-than-life holiday murals. www.estesparkcvb.com
To learn more about the above holiday activities, plus more inspiration and winter trip planning ideas, please visit Colorado.com