Luxury Private Jet Tour to Central and South America – Smithsonian Journeys
Machu Picchu – Peru
With more than 40 years dedicated to life-enriching experiences worldwide, Smithsonian Journeys is the Smithsonian Institution’s own travel program. Smithsonian Journeys offers more than 150 expert-led international and domestic tours that feature exclusive access and unforgettable travel experiences.
Smithsonian Journeys has just announced a unique, private jet tour to Central and South America. The “Central and South America by Private Jet” tour has been scheduled for March 26-April 10, 2011.
“Central and South America by Private Jet” is a 16-day private jet adventure that will include memorable stops that range from Machu Picchu and Buenos Aires to the Amazon region.
Travelers will explore five countries and eight World Heritage sites, experience diverse cultures and witness some of the world’s most amazing natural wonders-all in a single journey.
Flying in luxury aboard a private Boeing 757, tour participants will be able to bypass commercial airline routes and schedules. The chartered Boeing 757 jet is specially configured to generously accommodate 78 VIP-style seats instead of the standard 233 seats.
Detailed information about the World Heritage sites visited and articles about previous private-jet tours and photographs can be found at www.SmithsonianJourneys.org/privateair.
Enhancing the overall travel experience, a team of experts will accompany the trip, including one of the world’s leading Inca specialists, a Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist, a zoologist and a former ambassador stationed in Latin America.
Travelers will be able to enjoy a wide variety of excursions hat truly showcase both cultural and natural wonders. Participants can also choose between an active or relaxed pace on other days. Some of the tour high-lights include:
* Guatemala – Visit the Mayan ruins of Tikal and jungles of El Petén.
* Peru – Tour the treasures of Cuzco. Visit either the sacred citadel of the Inca’s Machu Picchu, Chan Chan, the mysterious Nasca Lines, or the ancient homes of Moche and Chimu peoples.
* Argentina – Travel amid the stunning landscape of the Argentine Lake District, visit cosmopolitan Buenos Aires then off to the world-renowned natural wonder of Iguaçu Falls, which spans the borders of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.
* Brazil – Two days in the Amazon feature a river cruise and different ways to explore the jungle, such as a canopy walkway or forest walk with a member of the Yagua tribe.
* Costa Rica – In the Guanacaste region, choose between horseback riding, discover the unique habitats of a tropical dry forest or relax on some of the best beaches in the country.
The price for the “Central and South America by Private Jet” tour is $46,950 per person. Travelers enrolling from Sept. 28 to Oct. 11 will receive a complimentary pre-tour hotel night at the Ritz in Orlando, Fla.
Tour cost includes round-trip private jet travel from Orlando, luxury accommodations, all meals, ground transportation, excursions and activities, welcome reception, lectures by experts, on-board physician, baggage handling, gratuities and emergency evacuation insurance.
For additional information on this once-in-a-lifetime trip, plus other private-jet expeditions offered in 2011 and 2012, please call toll-free 1 (877) 338-8687 or visit www.SmithsonianJourneys.org/privateair