Last Minute New Year’s Eve Destinations to Celebrate in Style
New Year’s Eve is only a day away, so if you are looking for a great way to celebrate the arrival of 2015 and make it a memorable experience – you are in luck!
We want to share some amazing travel packages, if you want to get away on short notice. Don’t spend another year staying at home on New Years. Live life and make it a memorable, VIP experience.
WHERE TO PARTY, LIKE IT’S 1958
Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach [MIAMI] – South Beach’s iconic landmark hotel (photo above) underwent a massive restoration and the 200-room hotel officially reopened its doors on Sept. 24, 2014, presenting an exceptionally chic design, the most luxurious comforts inclusive of Iron Chef Morimoto’s Miami flagship restaurant, Morimoto South Beach, and expertly curated experiences all in one glamorous, culturally infused destination just steps away from the beach. This New Year’s Eve, the hotel is collaborating with Red Rabbit to present “Magic City 1958” – a night that aims to paint the picture of a time and place of prosperity in Miami following WWII just before the Cuban Revolution; when a night out consisted of Frank Sinatra serenading a low lit Miami Beach dive lounge with the likes of Dean Martin and Meyer Lansky scattered about the room.
- Magic City 1958 event requires formal attire with 1950s attire recommended, and doors open at 10:00 p.m.
- Hotel guests have access to reduced price tickets (limited availability)
- Pricing for general admission includes open bar all night and starts at $95 per ticket with couples general admission starting at $200; full pricing and details available by visitingwww.shelbornenye.com
- For guests looking to book a hotel stay, rates at the Shelborne for Dec. 31 start at $800 for a city view with a minimum three-night stay
WHERE TO… TOAST THE NEW YEAR IN NYC AWAY FROM TIMES SQUARE
Conrad New York Hotel [NYC] – A top destination for both savvy travelers and New Yorkers alike in Manhattan’s thriving downtown neighborhood will feature a decadent New Year’s Eve prix fixe menu of Mediterranean-inspired fare ($160 per person) at ATRIO, the upscale restaurant and wine bar located in the hotel’s stunning 15-story atrium.
- Highlights from the menu include Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras with duck confit angolitti, winter black truffles, warm bosc pear and vanilla sauce, a Duo of Niman Ranch Beef Medallion & Braised Cheek with Marrakesh chermoula, black trumpet mushrooms and kaboucha squash, and Atrio Trio of Mousse Dome for dessert which includes white chocolate vahlroan, bitter sweet pistachio and golden flakes.
- Following dinner, guests can head to the hotel’s Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar for a midnight toast under the stars where a special Caviar and Champagne menu from ATRIO will be available. The menu features two types of caviar, “American Paddlefish Caviar” and “Hackleback Sturgeon” and offers three blinis and caviar for $14 or six blinis and caviar for $28.
- For guests looking to book a hotel stay, rates at the Conrad NY for Dec. 31 start at $349
WHERE TO… GET THE BEST LAST MINUTE NEW YEAR’S EVE DEAL
Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive [ORLANDO] – Located in the core of Orlando’s premier tourist destination, the recently renovated resort is one of the first to open on Orlando’s now rejuvenated International Drive and offers a distinctive departure from the expected in America’s most popular destination. For families, couples or friends looking to book a last-minute getaway that won’t break the bank, the property is offering the following rates.
- Rates start at $209 when booking Dec. 31, 2014 – Jan. 2, 2014 with a two night minimum
- Rates start at $219 for the evening of Dec. 31 if staying for one night only
WHERE TO… CELEBRATE NEW YEAR’S EVE WITH A BASH THE WHOLE FAMILY CAN ENJOY
Resort at Squaw Creek [LAKE TAHOE] – This Lake Tahoe resort favored by guests for its ski-in/ski-out access to Squaw Valley in addition to a bevy of on-site amenities, is throwing a Kids Night Out New Year’s Eve Bash inclusive of the following:
- Kids ages 4 through 14 will have their own special dinner and party to kick-off 2015 with kid-friendly games, crafts, New Year’s Eve party goodies, a kid-friendly DJ and a massive dessert station
- A celebratory balloon drop will occur at 9:00 p.m. with a late night movie at 11:00 p.m.
- Tickets are priced at $75 per child when purchased prior to Dec. 30, and $95 when purchased day-of.
- For guests looking to book a hotel stay, rates begin at $599 for the evening of Dec. 31
WHERE TO…. RING IN THE NEW YEAR LIKE A ROCKSTAR
Hard Rock Hotel Chicago [CHICAGO] – Conveniently located downtown on Michigan Avenue, the hotel offers amazing views and access to the city’s vibrant culture in addition to the on-site restaurant Chuck’s: A Kerry Simon Kitchen, offering Chef Kerry Simon’s famous (and delicious!) Iron Chef Burger. The hotel’s New Year’s Eve festivities include a partnership with Playboy for a special Gala, details as follows:
- From 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. the multi-room formal gala will tout live entertainment from Hello Weekend and popular DJ Crystal Ellis, with an additional Playboy Masquerade Lounge, hosted by 2013 Playmate of the Year, Raquel Pomplun, Miss October 2013 Carly Lauren and DJ Crystal Ellis
- The excitement will continue with a Playboy Treasure Hunt with one lucky guest winning a weekend stay in the Hard Rock Hotel Penthouse and a Playboy swag bag.
- Ticket prices start at $125 per ticket, and VIP Tickets start at $450 with full details available at www.chicagonyeparty.com
- Hard Rock Hotel Chicago will also offer discounted hotel rooms at only $189/night (when coupled with the event tickets)
WHERE TO… REMEDY THE HANGOVER WITHOUT LEAVING THE HOTEL ROOM
Eden Roc Miami Beach [MIAMI] – This New Year’s Eve, the retro-chic oceanfront hotel is offering Morris’s Furry NYE Survival Kit. Available for $50, guests can order this survival kit from the in-room dining menu.
- Morris’ Furry NYE Survival Kit includes a top hat filled with the following must-have items to ensure that your evening – and morning – goes without a hitch: A Split of Champagne, Mentos, Skittles, two (2) Party Blowers, two (2) Bear Naked Energy Bars, four (4) Emergen-C Packets, two (2) Cigars, two (2) Eden Roc Smart Wallets, large bottle of Evian, Tums, Aspirin, Hand Sanitizer, 5-Hour Energy, box of bandages, matches, Tide-to-Go pen, Starbucks gift card and discount passes to Eden Roc’s Bloody Mary Bar.
- For guests looking to book a hotel stay, rates at Eden Roc Miami Beach for Dec. 31 start at $654 per night with a minimum three-night stay.