Back in 1970, Moto Guzzi won the first motorcycle fleet contract in America ever awarded to a foreign manufacturer. They developed the California model for the LAPD and the California Highway Patrol, instantly launching the Italian brand into the U.S. market.
Moto Guzzi USA is proud to introduce their newest motorcycle model – the 2014 California 1400.
All Moto Guzzi motorcycles are hand-made in their Italy factory located in Mandello del Lario. It’s been this way since the company first started in 1921.
The all-new 2014 California 1400 represents a turning point in Moto Guzzi history by providing a combination of latest, most advanced technology along with the style, craftsmanship, comfort and performance the highly respected brand is known for.
The legendary Moto Guzzi California has patrolled American freeways, escorted esteemed monarchs and presidents and has been parked in the garages of cinema divas and rock stars alike, including actor Ewan McGregor, a passionate Guzzi owner and now face of the new California 1400 “My Bike, My Pride” global advertising campaign.
The 2014 California 1400 motorcycle is the most technologically-advanced cruiser on the market today and includes these innovative elements:
• The largest twin cylinder engine ever made in Europe – A 1,380cc 90° V-Twin engine able to produce an explosive 88.5 foot pounds of torque at just 2,750 rpm;
• Traction Control – The first custom in the world equipped with the three-level *MGCT* traction control;
• Tri-Map Ride-by-Wire technology – The first custom in the world equipped with ride-by-wire technology. The rider can change the character of the bike directly from the handlebar. Three different power output curves: Turismo (Touring), Veloce (Sport) and Pioggia (Rain).
• Electronic Cruise Control *- With the push of a button on the right hand grip, the rider can set the pace and enjoy mile upon mile of open road;
• LED Daytime Running Lights* – The first custom in the world with a headlight assembly like the system used on late model cars;
• The Elastic Engine* – An elastic support system fitting the powertrain to the frame. Through a series of rubber dampeners and rockers the engine vibrations are filtered out leaving the rider with a smooth and comfortable ride.
Motorcycle enthusiasts can complete a test ride online appointment request, then locate a participating dealer and receive a personalized product introduction. Go to www.motoguzzi-us.com, for additional details and the all-new 2014 California 1400 product information.