2010 Mercedes-Benz E550
Courtesy of: Mercedes-Benz
Award winning Mercedes-Benz re-designed most of it’s luxury line of vehicles this year, including the E550.
The 2010 E550 five-passenger sedan is a perfect example of how Mercedes-Benz, the German manufacturer is trying to win back prior Mercedes owners who decided to purchase more trendy and less expensive luxury sedans in recent years.
There are other luxury sedans with much better fuel efficiency. The 2010 Mercedes-Benz E550 gets 16 mpg with the required premium fuel.
But remember, the Mercedes-Benz E550 is a performance sedan and it offers a 5.5-liter, 32-valve, 382 horsepower engine along with a 7-speed automatic transmission.
You want acceleration? The Mercedes-Benz E550 provides a 0-60 mph rating in just 5.2 seconds.
The wood trim 2010 Mercedes-Benz E550 nicely complements the luxury leather. The car’s seats are very comfortable and make you feel like a million dollars.
Mercedes-Benz has re-designed the E550′s headlamps and gave it a modern sports car look.
One point of disagreement may be the Mercedes-Benz claim that their E series is the “world’s most aerodynamic luxury sedan. I would think a few other luxury ca makers like Audi for example, would beg to differ.
The E550 offers an option titled the Drive Dynamic Multi-contoured Driver Seat. It’s actually a lumbar support that snugs around the driver’s hips while making turns. If you need a free massage, then just use the lever next to the driver’s seat and enjoy. This option is $650 option and well worth the extra green.
If you like your music, then enjoy the Dolby Digital sound system. The E550 comes with a 6-CD changer. Crank up your music and consider the $6,800 Premium Package.
Additional Features of the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E550:
– Acceleration: 0-60 mph, 5.2 seconds.
– Airbags: driver and passenger front dual stage, front and rear window side, front side and pelvis and driver knee.
– Antilock brakes are standard.
– Horsepower: 382
– Fuel economy (EPA estimates) 16 mpg (city), 24 mpg (highway).
– Government Safety Ratings: Not yet rated- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $56,300.00.
– Warranty: Bumper to bumper, 4 years/50,000 miles; Powertrain, 4 years/50,000 miles; Corrosion, 4 years/50,000 miles; – Roadside Assistance, unlimited miles/unlimited years.
For additional information, please visit Mercedes-Benz