Top Costa Rica Resorts for a Luxury Experience
Costa Rica in Central America is a haven for travelers who love nature and outdoor adventure. There are many, Costa Rica resorts to choose from when visiting. Approximately a quarter of this country’s territory is preserved as national parks or conservation areas. Travelers will find misting rainforests, smoking volcanoes, crashing waterfalls and pristine beaches here. In addition, hummingbirds hover at hibiscus flowers and howler monkeys bellow from the treetops. Plus, iguanas may lounge in the sun not far from your poolside chair.
The luxury Costa Rica resorts listed below from VacationsToGo are in the northwest Pacific coast province of Guanacaste. The upfront pricing at the best Costa Rica Resorts includes meals, snacks, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, entertainment and nonmotorized water sports.
Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica (5 stars)
– Lodging options here include swimout suites with access to a river-like pool, that winds through the property. The Explorer’s Club for ages 3 to 12 provides supervised activities, including a weekly beach campout, while Core Zone for ages 13 to 17 hosts bonfires and dance mixers. Offsite excursions like ziplining and whitewater rafting can be arranged.
Riu Guanacaste (5 stars)
– Situated between deep-green hills and the beach, this resort has multiple dining venues and bars, a spa and a fitness center. For extra pampering, choose a Jacuzzi suite with an ocean-view hot tub on the terrace. The Guanacaste province has several national preserves; Riu’s staff can book an excursion to Rincon de la Vieja, home to hot springs, sloths and spider monkeys.
Riu Palace Costa Rica (5 stars)
– This tropical retreat offers four swimming pools, a swim-up bar, a gym, tennis, windsurfing, kayaking and snorkeling. Other perks include 24-hour room service and an in-room beverage station. The on-site dining scene includes specialty restaurants that focus on Italian, Japanese and other cuisines.
Occidental Papagayo (4 stars)
– The 163 rooms of this no-kids resort are spread across more than two dozen buildings tucked into a lush hillside overlooking the sparkling blue water. All have balconies or terraces. Guests can lounge by a pool surrounded by palms, indulge in a massage at the U-Spa, go kayaking and sample several restaurants and bars.
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica (5 stars)
– Escape to this luxury resort for a no-kids experience, where you can book an evening “moon and stars” spa treatment, play tennis, snorkel or join a cooking or yoga class. Dining options include the light and healthy cuisine of Aqua, Italian-inspired Portofino and more. Some suites have private plunge pools with views of Culebra Bay.
We hope you enjoy reading about five of the top Costa Rica resorts. This tropical oasis offers so much for luxury travelers.
Photo: Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica