Second Annual “Christie’s Green Auction: Bid to Save the Earth”
“Christie’s Green Auction: Bid to Save the Earth”
Christie’s will host another celebrity-studded charity auction to celebrate Earth Day.
Christie’s has proudly partnered with luxury charity auction site charitybuzz.com by offering over 200 coveted auction packages.
Between now and April 7th, both Christie’s and Charitybuzz plan to raise funds for Oceana, Natural Resources Defense Council, Conservation International and Central Park Conservancy.
This will be the second annual “Christie’s Green Auction: Bid to Save the Earth.”
An incredible combination of international celebrities, creative icons, industry leaders and conservationists have teamed up to donate these exclusive packages and experiences to the auction.
This year, designers such as Karl Lagerfeld, Ralph Lauren, Tory Burch, Marc Jacobs, Diane Von Furstenberg, Carolina Herrera, Michael Kors and more have joined together with the sole goal of raising funds to preserve and sustain our planet.
Win style consultations with Vogue’s André Leon Talley and Diane Von Furstenberg or maybe a night backstage with Lady Gaga. How about a day around town with President William J. Clinton? It’s all possible as the Green Auction provides bidders amazing access to the world’s leading influencers.
Here’s a sample of some of the fashion highlights in this year’s “Christie’s Green Auction”
• Fly to Paris for the full Chanel Couture Experience, including: front row tickets to Chanel’s 2011 Couture Show, meet Karl Lagerfeld, take a private tour of Coco Chanel’s apartment, receive a handbag and stay five nights at The Ritz-Carlton
• A style consultation with Vogue’s André Leon Talley and Diane Von Furstenberg
• Meet Michael Kors and Heidi Klum on the ultimate New York Fashion Week experience, with inside access to the Project Runway fashion show finale
• Meet Marc Jacobs, with two VIP tickets to his New York Fashion Week fashion show and after party
• The ultimate Carolina Herrera bridal fashion experience: $10,000 toward a Carolina Herrera bridal gown, two tickets to her spring 2012 bridal show and meet Carolina Herrera backstage
• Design your own Bottega Veneta handbag with a one-on-one appointment with an expert from Bottega Veneta
• A custom Fendi bag altered by visionary artist Damien Hirst, entitled Spot Fendi
• Meet with the Miriam Haskell design team at a private appointment to create a custom piece of jewelry
Supporters can make a Bid to Save the Earth at www.charitybuzz.com/BidtoSavetheEarth.
A companion invite-only event and live fantasy auction will be held at Christie’s New York on March 29 in partnership with Vogue’s “Runway to Green.” The event will feature a fashion show sponsored by Tiffany & Co. on the night of the live auction, with designer collection selections available online through NET-A-PORTER.COM.