Primland Driving Experience at the Virginia International Raceway
Last year in September, the inaugural Primland Driving Experience was held at the Virginia International Raceway (VIR). The raceway is also the home of Car and Driver’s annual Lightning Lap. The race track is surrounded by 12,000 acres of Virginia’s scenic Blue Ridge Mountains.
This summer, the Primland Driving Experience returns and expect to have fun driving all day at the famous Virginia International Raceway. Get a chance to race with Hall of Famer Tom Kristensen and Elite Endurance Competitor Harold Primat.
At last year’s race event, guests were flown to VRI by helicopter and had the chance to drive an Audi R8. This 430-hp performance car is very fast and accelerates from zero to 60 mph in just 4.4 seconds. Tom Kristensen is the only nine-time winner of the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans car race and personally drove guests around the race track in an Audi R8 LMS.
The Primland Driving Experience package also included accommodations with two nights in one of the area’s Fairway Cottages, Tree Houses or luxurious Mountain Homes. Also enjoy a fabulous reception and dinner that was prepared by Executive Chef Gunnar Thompson. Next was an awards ceremony with a delicious Southern Soulful Buffet plus live music and dancing on a Tree House deck. Another fun activity was playing a round of golf on the acclaimed Highland Course.
This year’s Primland Driving Experience is scheduled for August 23 to 25, 2015. Here is a planned itinerary of events and activities.
• Two-night stay in luxury accommodations at Primland, which is one of the world’s top resorts.
Sunday, August 23
• Welcome Reception with Tom Kristensen and Harold Primat, followed by dinner prepared by our Executive Chef, Gunnar Thompson.
Monday, August 24
• Helicopter to Virginia International Raceway
• Put the Audi R8 to the test by taking the wheel of this 430 hp performance car, which accelerates 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds, as an experienced driving instructor guides you.
• Hug every hairpin turn as Hall of Famer Tom Kristensen and endurance racing pro Harold Primat whip you around the Full Course at dizzying speeds in a race-prepped Audi R8 LMS.
• Take an introductory class on the Ariel Atom followed by a drive on the Patriot Course.
• Lunch with the racing pros.
• Karting competition in the afternoon, and the final group will race with the pros.
• Return helicopter to Primland.
• Prize ceremony and cocktail reception, followed by live music and Southern Soul Buffet with racing pros.
Tuesday, August 25
• Golf tournament with box lunch and awards.
– Attendees who choose not to golf may select two other activities in lieu of the tournament including sporting clays with instruction, ATV trail rides, horseback trail ride or 60-minute spa treatment.**
The Primland Driving Experience is such a unique experience and should not be missed. The event will only accommodate 20 openings with a price of $8,500 per participant and guest.
Each participant is welcome to bring alone a guest. If your guest did not want to participate in the Virginia International Raceway activities, then choose from a golf tournament, golf lessons from golf professional Brian Alley or even a cooking class with Executive Chef Gunnar Thompson.
For an amazing experience, car lovers should consider adding Primland Driving Experience to your bucket list. Contact us for help planning and booking your trip. If you like reading about the latest car industry news, follow our popular luxury blog.
Photo: Primland Driving Experience