Compagnie du Ponant “Nice-Nice” Golf Themed Cruises
Compagnie du Ponant
For golf and travel enthusiasts who are looking to combine their two passions, Compagnie du Ponant invites has just the package for you.
Compagnie du Ponant introduced its nine-day “Nice–Nice” voyage that sails to eight ports and visits five stunning courses in Italy and France aboard the three-masted sailing yacht Le Ponant.
The 290-foot Le Ponant is a luxurious 64-passenger yacht that cruises the Mediterranean Sea. The yacht features intimacy and luxury with a full roster of high-end amenities that are sure to deliver a memorable sailing experience.
During port stops, golf lovers can play rounds at popular courses including La Pevero, considered one of the world’s “best kept secrets,” and Cannes-Mougins, nestled within the protected lands of the Valmasque Forest.
If golf is not your game, you are in luck. Enjoy stops in Civitavecchia, the gateway to Rome; Viareggio, a placid Tuscan seaside resort town; and Calvi, home to the Genoese Citadel.
Compagnie du Ponant is offering three differenet “Nice-Nice” Golf Themed Cruises, departuring May 6, 17 and 25.
These luxury golf themed cruises are designed for the golfer looking for a little adventure and the traveler looking to exceed the bounds of traditional cruising — unspoiled destinations, less-visited ports and out-of-the-way locales.
Cruise fares are priced from $4,841 to $5,453 per person, double occupancy. Golfers pay an additional $760 per person for golf course fees.
· Acquabona Golf Club – set in hilly countryside bordered by oak pines and eucalyptus trees, this nine-hole course with double starting ground challenges guests with uphill and downhill shots complicated by crosswinds from the sea. Situated on the Island of Elba, halfway between Portoferraio and Porto Azzurro, the course offers stunning panoramic views of the gulf and inland landscape.
· Le Pavoniere – the former playground of Lorenzo de’Medici, this relatively flat course in the old Tavola Farmhouse Estate Park is surrounded by holm-oak woods, cluster pines and Tuscan cypresses. Designed in 1986 by Arnold Palmer, the course suits golfers of all skill levels.
· Pevero – a creation of Robert Trent Jones Sr. is renowned for the beauty of its tree-covered hills and rocky coastline and has been ranked in the top 50 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The innovative layout incorporates the natural challenges in the landscape, from the Mistral – the northern wind that shaped the rocks in the area – to vegetation, lakes and 70 bunkers that dot the 6,688-yard course.
· Sperone Golf Club – comprised partly of rocky scrubland and partly linked, this 18-hole course is considered to be one of Robert Trent Jones Sr.’s masterpieces – and is ranked 6th in all of France. The course offers three signature holes: the 10th, where your drive must carry the water; the 15th, which has a cliff-top green; and the 16th, named one of the world’s most stunning Par 5 holes by Golf Magazine.
· Golf Country Club de Cannes-Mougins – nestled within the heart of the Valmasque Forest and traversed by the Boullide River, this 6,906 yard, 18-hole course offers a round that is as breathtaking as it is complex. Founded in 1923, the course was rebuilt in 1977 by golf architects Peter Allis and Dave Thomas and has since organized the Cannes Open, serving as a highlight on the European Tour.
All of Compagnie du Ponant’s ships and cruise itineraries are designed to protect marine wildlife, coastal environments and local flora and fauna. For additional information or to make reservations, please contact us at: