AmaWaterways Introduces Luxury Wine Cruises
AmaWaterways is proud to announce a variety of luxury Rhone wine cruises onboard the AmaDagio, which is one of AmaWaterways owned and operated ships.
Beginning March 25, the new wine cruise will travel through captivating Provencal Wine Country on the Rhone River.
To celebrate the debut of the AmaDagio on its first cruise on the Rhone, AmaWaterways’ President and Co-Owner Rudi Schreiner and Executive Vice President and Co-Owner Kristin Karst will host a President’s Wine Cruise on the maiden wine cruise.
Schreiner was quoted, “The Rhone wine cruises feature the world’s most popular regions and wine makers in Europe. Guests have the opportunity to celebrate wine culture in a unique and enriching way.”
The cruise will also feature renowned wine hosts Carissa Chappellet, Owner and Managing Director of Chappellet Winery and Archie McLaren, Founder and Chairman of Central Coast Wine Classic.
Each wine cruise features:
· Excursions to historic vineyards and cellars to learn firsthand about the “Old World” wine traditions of each region
· Complimentary wine lectures with renowned host(s)
· Wine tastings and the opportunity to sample award-winning vintages both onboard and on shore
· Fine dining with special wine pairings
This 7-night “In Celebration of Wine” cruise is part of AmaWaterways’ 15-day Provence and Spain itinerary. Begin with 3 nights in Paris, prior to embarking your cruise in Lyon. The excursions include the Beaujolais wine region; tours of Roman ruins and stops at UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Avignon and Arles, where many artists spent much of their life, including Vincent Van Gogh. After the 7-night cruise, guests will visit the medieval town of Perpignan, France before ending their voyage in Barcelona.
Including the new Rhone destination, AmaWaterways offers eight customized “In Celebration of Wine” themed cruises that also showcase wine regions along the Rhine and the Danube Rivers. These special sailings feature exclusive wine-themed excursions, such as a traditional “Heuriger” tasting of new wine in the villages of Grinzing and Neustift on the outskirts of Vienna; an introduction to Alsatian wines at the “Wunsch et Mann” winery in Wettolsheim and an unforgettable “Oktoberfest” in the village of Vilshofen created specifically for the guests.
The “In Celebration of Wine” program selected dates and itineraries are as follows:
· PROVENCE AND SPAIN – 3 nights in Paris, 7-night cruise & 3 nights in Barcelona (or reverse.) USA/CANADA departs: Mar. 25, Nov. 4 & 11, 2012
· THE ROMANTIC DANUBE – 7-night Danube cruise & 3 nights in Prague (or reverse) USA/CANADA departs: Nov. 3 & 13, 2012
· THE LEGENDARY DANUBE – 3 nights in Prague & 7-night Nuremberg – Budapest cruise. USA/CANADA departs: Oct. 31, 2012
· THE ENCHANTING RHINE – 7-night Rhine cruise, 2 nights Lucerne & 2 nights in Zurich (or reverse.) USA/CANADA departs: Nov. 7 & 10, 2012
To take advantage of one of these great wine themed voyages or receive additional information about AmaWaterways, please contact a local travel agent or visit www.amawaterways.com.