Central Florida is known for its fabulous theme parks like Disneyworld and Epcot. But the New York Times recently called The Alfond Inn “a sophisticated alternative to Disney.”
The Alfond Inn is a new, 112-room boutique hotel in Winter Park, Florida and has just introduced their “Art in the Park” package.
Winter Park is a small city well known for chain of beautiful lakes and lush urban plantings. The Florida city’s winding streets are lined with amazing, early 20th century homes and mansions. Art collecting and philanthropy have been at the heart of Winter Park for over a century.
Winter Park is also the home of the Cornell Fine Arts Museum found on the campus of Rollins College, the Polasek Museum and the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art. Interesting to note, the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art houses the most expansive collection of works by Louis Comfort Tiffany in the world.
Not to be left out, The Alfond Inn features The Alfond Collection of Contemporary Art for Rollins College. It’s a 100-plus piece collection that’s owned by longtime Rollins College donors and alumni Barbara and Ted Alfond.
Deanne Gabel is the General Manager of The Alfond Inn and was quoted, “Thanks to its world class museums, Winter Park is one of the most important artistic beacons in the state. Given our own commitment to exhibit contemporary art in The Alfond Inn, we wanted to create a package that would welcome visitors to explore this lesser known side of Florida.”
The Art in the Park package at The Alfond Inn includes:
• Two nights in a Classic King Room, based on double occupancy
• The hotel package rate is $395
• One $100 credit at The Alfond’s Hamilton’s Kitchen, featuring Executive Chef Chris Windus’ Floridian-inspired menu of signature dishes
• Admission to the Cornell Fine Art Museum
• Two tickets to The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, plus 20% off one item at the museum gift shop
• Guided tour of The Alfond Contemporary Art Collection
• Art in the Park package is valid through December 31, 2013
The Alfond Inn also offers its hotel guests Hamilton’s Kitchen restaurant, pool and fitness center, plus 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space.
The Alfond Inn was built with a $12.5-million grant from the Harold Alfond Foundation.
So discover Central Orlando and stay at The Alfond Inn and experience the “Art in the Park” package. To make travel reservations, please contact The Life of Luxury.