A new winery has opened in the beautiful Napa Valley of California. The new addition is Stag’s Leap winery, Odette Estate.
Odette Estate is located on the former Steltzner Vineyards property in Napa Valley’s Stags Leap District.
Opening this month is a redesigned tasting room at Odette Estate. The tasting room is planned to feature PlumpJack and CADE wines in addition to a new line named Adaptation. The Odette Estate tasting room will offer a selection of wines focusing on the Napa Valley appellation.
Additional information about Odette Estate in Napa:
* Owned by PlumpJack Group partners Gordon Getty, Gavin Newsom, and John Conover, Odette Estate is a new winery in Napa Valley’s Stag’s Leap District
* The re-designed Odette tasting room will be open daily from 10am – 4pm
* The winery’s name Odette was chosen for its representation of femininity, strength and power, all of which characterize the wines of Stag’s Leap District. Odette has also been a pivotal character, not only in the literary works such as those penned by Shakespeare and Proust, but also in Tchaikovsky’s ballet Swan Lake. In the wine world, Odette was the name of one of the French judges of the Paris Wine Tasting of 1976 in which a red wine from Stags Leap District beat out the French competition to take top honors.
* The property, built on the celebrated former Stelzner Vineyards estate, includes a historic 36‐acre vineyard and a 5,000-square‐foot winery with 18,000 square feet of caves (one of the first modern caves built in Napa Valley)
* The new winery will be designed by renowned young Hispanic architect Juancarlos Fernandez, who designed CADE Winery
* The vineyards are being re-planted and are currently undergoing conversion to 100 percent organic farming (in accordance with the PlumpJack Group’s continued commitment to organic viticulture)
* The new winery will be LEED certified
* Jeff Owens, who has been with the PlumpJack Group since 2006, working as assistant winemaker at CADE, will serve as winemaker for Odette Estate
* Construction of the new winery will be completed in 2013
* 2011 will mark the first vintage of Odette Estate Cabernet Sauvignon and will be released in 2013. The winery’s Adaptation line of wines will be available in the tasting room at Odette Estate, in addition to CADE wines.
Odette Estate can be found at 5998 Silverado Trail, Napa, California 94558. Reach Odette Estate by calling (707) 224-7533.