In case you missed it this year, National Picnic Day occurred on April 23. For centuries, people around the world have enjoyed combining the beauty of the outdoors and food. While generations ago, these outings often included wine and multiple courses of food.
Today, it’s as simple as a throwing down a blanket to sit on and having some food and drink. As hotels continue to find ways to attract new customers, creative themes are often created. Located on the banks of the Potomac River, The Watergate Hotel now offers their Pedal & Picnic package.
This new offering is perfect to enjoy the beauty of Washington D.C. and its natural surroundings. Wander along the iconic Potomac and picnic in VIP style. Most of all, included in the new Pedal & Picnic package is an incredible picnic basket stuffed with a gourmet to-go meal. The meal is prepared by the Executive Chef at The Watergate Hotel – Michael Santoro.
Here’s a summary of what is included in the luxury picnic deal:
• Chef’s selection of cheeses and crackers
• Chef’s selection of charcuterie
• Homemade pickles and classic accouterments
• Crudité platter accompanied with hummus and tzatziki
• Path Valley seasonal marinated vegetables
• Selection of roast beef, turkey club or grilled vegetable sandwich
• Choice of brownies or lemon tartlets
• Water and juices $150 (serves two)
• ½ bottle of Champagne $180 (serves two)
• Full bottle of Champagne $230 (serves two)
Hence, before and after your meal, you can also bike along the Potomac on custom-designed, charmingly retro bicycles from The Watergate Hotel. It’s a terrific way to be at one with nature and beat the busyness of this thriving city.
As a result, this is a perfect way to enjoy your Washington D.C. stay. Make it a true VIP experience and do something special this time.
Reservations are required at least 48 hours in advance to allow coordination and preparation of the picnic basket meal and bicycles.
Contact The Life of Luxury today to make your Washington D.C. plans at The Watergate Hotel. It’s National Picnic Day everyday with their new Pedal & Picnic package. Read more luxury travel stories here in our luxury blog.
Photo: The Watergate Hotel