The Macallan was one of the first distilleries in Scotland to be legally licensed. The company was founded in 1824 and has since built a stellar reputation as one of the world’s leading single malt whiskies.
Luxury Scottish Whisky distiller The Macallan presents “M”, a limited edition decanter born out of the artistry of three masters of their field, Creative Director Fabien Baron, crystal leaders Lalique and The Macallan. Their ultimate goal was to create the world’s most sophisticated single malt whisky, contained in a beautifully designed and meticulously crafted crystal decanter.
The Macallan’s sublime and highly complex whisky, M is the ultimate reward for the most discerning of whisky connoisseurs.
Capturing the expressive aesthetic of Fabien Baron’s illustrious creative vision, M’s tall, slim dimensions and geometric form challenge the perceptions of traditional decanter design. Its sharp, angular facets gave inspiration to the name M itself, selected by Baron as a typographic representation of the decanter’s striking design.
Its six striking facets are Baron’s homage to The Macallan’s heritage, reflecting the six pillars at the heart of its ethos
1) The Spiritual Home – the breathtaking 390-acre Macallan Estate where every drop of M is created
2) The distillery’s Curiously Small Stills, whose unique shape gives the spirit its fruity, full-bodied character
3) The Finest Cut, the 16% of the new make spirit, the smallest figure in the industry, selected for maturation
4) Exceptional Oak Casks, acquired and cared for without thought to the cost, infusing every drop with distinctive aroma and flavour
5) Natural Colour created solely through the interaction between spirit and wood
6) Peerless Spirit, marking The Macallan’s unsurpassed place in the hearts of the world’s most discerning consumers
Just 1,750 crystal decanters of M, each engraved with its own individual number. The M Decanter is now on sale and has a retail prince of around $4,500.