December 2012 is a major milestone for world famous Vail Mountain, Colorado. Vail is nearing its 50th anniversary and is proud to be the largest ski resort in the United States. This luxury Colorado ski resort offers skiers and snowboarders greater than 5,000 acres of skiable terrain.
Vail features seven legendary Back Bowls that cover an amazing seven miles. Vail truly is an extraordinary winter vacation destination and popular with snow lovers from all around the world.
Vail Snow Daze is the resort’s annual festival that kicks off the winter season. The entertainment lineup was just announced by Vail Mountain, including three headliner concerts: Wilco, Michael Franti & Spearhead, and The Shins.
Vail was first founded back in 1962, and the ski resort will celebrate its golden anniversary throughout the 2012-2013 winter season plus into the summer of 2013.
Vail Snow Daze 2012
Vail has scheduled a variety of exciting events, parties, a film documenting the first 50 years, concerts and much more.
Given the importance of this year’s anniversary, Vail’s big birthday bash – Vail Snow Daze 2012 will offer the biggest lineup of entertainment in the event’s multi-year history.
Vail Snow Daze 2012 General Admission tickets for individual concerts range from $29.50 to $39.50. A General Admission Festival Pass, which will give holders access to the general admission area at all three concerts, is available for just $99.
Here’s some key dates for Vail Snow Daze 2012:
* Vail Snow Daze happens Dec. 10-16, 2012 in Vail, Colo.
* Thursday, Dec. 13 – The Shins
* Friday, Dec. 14 – Michael Franti & Spearhead
* Saturday, Dec. 15 – Wilco
* Vail Snow Daze will include events to celebrate Vail’s 50th anniversary
* Tickets for Vail Snow Daze concerts go on sale to the public on Monday, Sept. 17
* Lodging package presale tickets go on sale Tuesday, Sept. 11