Tequila Avión – Elevated Margarita
July 24th is National Tequila Day and award-winning Tequila Avión wants to help you enjoy this summer day.
Tequila has long been a favorite for great tasting cocktails. This spirit continues to rise in popularity around the world. While vodka has declined, 100% agave tequilas are more chic than ever!
When one hears the word – tequila, you logically think of margaritas and shots. But now premium tequila has become the spirit to sip and mixologist’s choice spirit to use in delicious tasting cocktails.
Here are “5 Facts You Didn’t Know About Tequila” from Tequila Avión:
1. Blue weber agave plants only flower once, but when they do they are pollinated by bats
2. Tequila is made from agave which is actually a desert lily
3. The leaves of agave are so sharp that they are used as cutting instruments
4. Margaritas are the number one cocktail in the United States
5. The United States is the largest tequila consuming market (yes, even more than Mexico!)- almost half of which is women
Tequila Avión was a big winner at this year’s San Francisco World Spirits Challenge. They won Best White Spirit (beating all vodkas, gins, rums, and tequilas) plus Best Tequila. Sip and enjoy Tequila Avión Silver, Reposado and Añejo, or go with a classic and make an Elevated Margarita on this fine summer holiday!
Try this recipe for The Elevated Margarita
· 2 parts Tequila Avión Silver
· 1 parts Fresh Lime Juice
· ½ part Agave Nectar
Add all ingredients in shaker. Shake and strain over fresh ice.